Cannonball is a program which allows you to play an enhanced version of Yu Suzuki's seminal arcade racer, OutRun, on a variety of systems:
- 60 fps gameplay (smoother than the original game)
- True widescreen mode (extend the play area by 25%)
- High Resolution mode (improves sprite scaling)
- Time Trial Mode
- Customisable Music
- High Score Saving
- Western, Japanese & prototype track support
- Analog & Digital controllers supported
- Force Feedback / Haptic support (Windows only)
- Fixes bugs present in the original game
Windows (Visual C++ compiled): cannonball-v0181-w32.zip
Microsoft Visual C++ runtime libraries needed for this build.
- Mac OSX
- Linux: Ubuntu, RPM packages for openSUSE
- Open Pandora (Info and sources here)
- If you can build Cannonball for another platform, please do! I will post here.
- OutRun Revision B ROMs. They must be named correctly and uncompressed to the roms subdirectory.
You can optionally add the Japanese roms for additional courses (found in the outruno set). I would recommend running Cannonball from the console to see any error messages.
- You cannot use Cannonball in a commercial product or activity without explicit permission (i.e. you are forbidden from selling a port of Cannonball on the appstore for example).
- You must not distribute Cannonball with copyrighted material (i.e. please do not bundle the program up with the game data).
- Please read the full license here.
Copyright (c) 2012-2013 Chris White.
OutRun is a trademark of the SEGA Corporation. This project is not affiliated with SEGA in any way.